What are your Ramadan goals? Set them now! Time is approaching al-hamdulillah. Here I will set up some nice goals that you can make for this beautiful month.
1. Finish the whole Quran during the month of Ramadan, and this is the sunnah of the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa salam.
2. Review the parts of the Quran that you memorized. This is one goal that is especially important for those who have memorized the Quran.
3. Wake up before Suhoor an hour early to do extra worship and to attain the barakah of eating before fajr.
4. Hang out at the masjid more. Thats not a bad suggestion! Why not! Attend some teraweeh prayers!
5. Organize a day to invite your friends and family to break their fast with you. Imagine the amazing blessing!
6. If you want to take a vacation, why not take it during the last 10 days of Ramadan!!! ITIKAF!!! Stay in the masjid for 10 days, its an amazing experience, one that you will cherish and wish to do every year. You would be amongst brothers who stay up late at night, reading Quran and standing up for night prayer. Also you would be seeking the greatest day of the whole year, which is Laylatul-Qadr!!! A day that is better than a 1000 months!
7. Commit less sins! No explanation here on why you should do this.
8. Make yourself more humble! The Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa salam was generally a humble man, but in the month of Ramadan he would be extra!
9. Make all the duas in the world! Make them especially in the last 1/3 of the night, and in your sujood! When you’re in your sujood, you’re the closest to Allah!
10. FAST FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH! Do not fast because your parents told you to, or because it is the “in thing”. Fasting is worship! So make all your worships for Allah, to please Him!!!
August 27. 2008